Find it fast!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cream Cheese Chicken Rolls


I've noticed I like cooking Mexican, because whenever I am trying to think of something new to make with the ingredients I've got on hand, my mind goes in that direction. Either Mexican or Italian, and that usually involves starchy pasta, so I skip it :)
These were a big hit at a recent family dinner, and I'm making them again for the same family this weekend! Just get your rotisserie chicken and in no time at all you'll be ready to wrap and roll!

Ingredients
------------
-1 shredded rotisserie chicken (you can make this or purchase)
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 large red onion, cut into strips
-1 lb frozen bell pepper mix
-1 cup salsa
-1 cup corn kernels (optional)
-1 8 oz package cream cheese
-2 tablespoons nacho cheese sauce (I used what was left of the Tostitos cheese dip)
-2 tablespoons taco seasoning
-1 tablespoon paprika
-salt to taste
-24 flour tortillas

Assembly
----------
-Heat olive oil in a pan and add red onions. Cook halfway and then add the frozen bell peppers. Stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until they get soft and are mostly cooked.
-Add the shredded chicken, salsa, corn, cream cheese, nacho sauce and all the seasonings.
-Stir until cream cheese has melted and the mixture is well coated.
-Place 1/4 cup of mixture onto middle of tortilla bread and roll. Repeat.
-Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, then serve!

I cut each tortilla roll in half before I baked it, and I ended up with 48 smaller rolls. These freeze well (you can bake them prior to eating) and reheat to taste just as yummy!

6 comments:

  1. "Wrap and roll"!!!!!

    I love it!!!

    HAHAHAHAHAHA...cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG im making these tonight inshallah!!! ill let u no how they turn out lool!

    ~amira~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little burritos! They are packed with SO MUCH FLAVOR its crazy, like a burst of deliciousness in every bite! I like to add some fresh parsley or cilantro too, and I always make extra and freeze them, then take them out and bake them for a quick dinner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making these for dinner tonight, thank you for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete