Find it fast!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chipotle Black Bean Quesadillas with Cumin and Chive Dipping Sauce


This quesadilla was sort of a happy accident...I didn't even plan on posting the recipe (hence the lack of great photos) but so many of you have requested it after my instagram photo that I figured you'd be happy to find out how easy it was! I recently mentioned I've been trying to focus on more vegetarian dishes, and this dish was born as a replacement to chicken quesadillas. It's embarrassingly simple. I kinda don't want to tell you about it. But hey...we all need those "halfway there" meals, right?

I made these to take to a girl's night and they vanished pretty quick.  I heard that the ones I left at home for my family also disappeared. So I'm thinking these babies are either pretty tasty or they have a magic component that makes them vanish into thin air...

Serving: 1 quesadilla

Ingredients
---------------
-1 10 inch flour tortilla
-1 Morning Star chipotle black bean veggie burger (I purchased at Costco)...alternatively if you don't have access to these veggie burgers you can mix a 15 ounce drained can of black beans and same sized can of drained corn with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, but it won't have the exact same texture or flavor that everyone is raving about.
-3 tablespoons shredded Mexican blend cheese
-cooking spray
-1 teaspoon taco seasoning

To make
-----------
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
-Spray tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle taco seasoning over the oiled side. Fold over flour tortilla in half to make a half moon, with the seasoned side facing out. Open the tortilla up and sprinkle half the shredded cheese.
-Remove the veggie burger from package and break it up to fit over the cheese. Don't worry about precooking the veggie burger.
-Sprinkle the remaining portion of cheese and close the tortilla into half moon shape.
-Place onto a baking sheet and bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the tortilla crisps and cheese melts
-Remove from the oven and cut in half.
-Serve with dipping sauce.
-Enjoy!



Cumin and Chive Dipping Sauce
----------------------------------------

This sauce is very versatile and one I make to accompany many dishes. I switch up the flavors a little bit every time but I've found that my basic version is everyone's favorite, so that's what I'll share with you :)

Ingredients
--------------
-1 cup plain yogurt (I usually use fat free)
-2 tablespoons milk (start with 1 tablespoon and add more to desired consistency)
-2 tablespoons dried chives (or diced fresh green onions)
-1 teaspoon cumin seeds
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon ground coriander
-salt and pepper to taste
-optional: 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro

To make
------------
-Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until everything is incorporated and smooth.
-Serve and enjoy!

I'd love to connect with you! Like SavvyChef on facebook and follow @savvy_chef on instagram.  Tag #savvychef in your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment