Find it fast!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not Your Typical Vegetable Pizza

I learned this unique pizza from a friend a few years ago. I'm kind of hesitant to call it a pizza because it is not layered the way traditional pizza is. It doesn't have much of a sauce, but more of a paste to bind together the veggies.
Whenever I make it, we really enjoy it. I'm sure some of the vegetables can be substituted with other types, but I always stick with these.
Ingredients
------------
-1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
-1 head broccoli, cut up
-2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
-2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on how saucy you want it)
-2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
-1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-2 cups shredded cheese (I use either the Mexican blend or mozzarella
-pizza dough (you can use my recipe or use pre-purchased dough)

Assembly
----------
-cut up all ingredients and mix together
-spread on top of pizza dough
-bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 400 degrees (you will know the pizza is done when the vegetables have gotten soft but still have a slight crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment